Jesus drawing Muslims to himself - Tuesday Ethiopia update

Today, God moved in a powerful way. First, God’s Word alone is powerful and sufficient. Second, it only takes one small act of faith for others to follow and believe. My group and I were walking on the mountainside in a village. We came along a group of men, the guys began to share the gospel with them. I was lingering in the back and noticed a group of women and children (around 20 or so). I was with translator Abburah. I started sharing the evange-cube with these women and children which is a cube that tells a picture story of God’s redemptive love. As I explained the free gift of salvation through Christ alone I told them that we have a choice to either accept or reject this free gift.  If they accept the free gift of salvation through Christ that they can be forgiven, saved, and have eternal life. If they reject this free gift, they would suffer for eternity separated from God. I told them that I had accepted this free gift and that I had an assurance of salvation & a peace that surpasses all understanding.  I recited Ephesians 2:8-9 about God’s grace being a free gift that cannot be earned or deserved.  

 

One of the women in this crowd explained to us that they were all muslim and believed in Allah. She told the translator that she was glad that we shared the story. She said she wanted eternal life with God & the assurance of salvation.  She asked us how to receive eternal life? I used our English/Amharic new testament bible and shared with them- John 3:16, John 5:24, John 6:35 & 46, John 10:28. She asked how do I Know if I will have eternal life? I shared Romans 6:23 and Romans 8:38. I was trying to share any verse about the assurance of eternal life. At this point, I felt like I had hit a wall and prayed to God for another scripture to share. I remember the Holy Spirit guiding me to John 11:26 “Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believed in me will live, even though they die; do you believe this?” The one woman said she accepted this but that she was afraid of what her community would do to her. I remember sharing with her John 16:33 and Matthew 5: 10-12 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecute the prophets who were before you.” By this time, there were 7 women still listening intently.  I told them they could receive this free gift by accepting Jesus Christ into their life.  Instantly, they all fell to the ground, heads bowed and face to the ground as we prayed.  They enthusiastically shouted “AMEN” after every sentence. There was so much joy!

God is moving in incredible ways but the Muslim leadership has created much opposition.  Muslim leaders have told the people not to talk to the Ferenge (white people) and have tried to turn the people against us.  Many muslims have since refused to engage with us but there are still some who want to know why we are here & want to hear the story of God’s redemptive love.  

The team is healthy physically & feeling great.  Please pray for:

·      Open doors for the gospel of Jesus Christ 

·      Unity with our Ethiopian partners 

·      Safety & good health for our team 

·      New believers would stand strong in the face of persecution 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ethiopia here we come again......

Changing lives from the inside out - Wednesday update

Our God is in the business of changing lives